Why it matters that you use a life centred accountant
If you want to create the life you want for you and your family then a life centred accountant can help you achieve that. I am proud to be a founding member of this movement (more info here) which means working with business owners like you to help you design a business which suits your life and not the other way around.
A life centred accountant promises to:
1) Commit time to understanding their clients personal goals
2) Understand a clients personal money situation
3) Only when I understand my client’s personal goals and money will they offer advice
4) Help clients to work out how much money they need to live the life they want without fear of running out of money
5) Encourage their clients to review their plans and money every year
A lot of business owners constantly worry about:
1) earning too little (have you worked out your true hourly wage?)
2) not spending time with their families
3) the future and the lack of a retirement plan
4) cash flow and not having enough to live the life they want
5) being the owner and director and finding it a lonely place.
A life centred accountant will help you to realise your dreams and to create a business that gives you the life you want. Do you want to grow your business, do you need more income now, do you need more income in the future, when do you want to retire? These are things you will work through and then decisions can be made that help you achieve those desires.
Someone I know doesn’t have a retirement pot, they didn’t save for a pension, because of their age and the industry they were in, it wasn’t common for people to have pensions and especially not women.
The current state pension alone is at the time of writing around £180 per week, that is £770 a month. With council tax and gas and electricity increases and other expenses to pay out for, it is not an easy place to be. When the car breaks down or the washing machine breaks, how is that paid for? Retirement shouldn’t be a time when you are restricted due to money.
We all have this dream land idea of retirement, being able to do what we want, when we want, be that days out, holidays, days out with the grandchildren spoiling them, a smart car or even part-time working/running a business with minimal involvement. But will you be in a position to do this? Have you thought about it?
Working with a life centred accountant will help you to address what you need now and what you need in the future. Even if its not what you want to hear, at least you can make a change now. You can feel confident in making positive changes.
I really don’t want to see the business owners I work with facing similar challenges to some people I have seen. This is my motivation for becoming a founding member of the Life Centred Accountant movement.
If you would like help as you create a life for now and the future then I would love to chat to you. Book a call in here.
1. Book a call with me: https://southbourneaccountancy.co.uk/contact-us/
2. Download my free guide on “7 mistakes to avoid – to stop your fitness business running out of cash” https://southbourneaccountancy.co.uk/fitness-ebook/
3. Connect with me on social media:
4. Book an R&D eligibity call: https://calendly.com/rdteam/15min?month=2020-11
5. Grab a copy of our “32 ways to extract value from your business” – tax savings. Here https://southbourneaccountancy.hubspotpagebuilder.com/32-ways-checklist-to-extract-value-from-your-business-save-tax-now