5 signs you are undercharging
Are you undercharging for your services? It can be hard to tell, particularly if you’re in a niche industry or you’re a contractor. Costs have been rising, so it may be time to rethink your own pricing.
Here are five signs that you might be undercharging:
Nobody ever questions your quotes - Do all your new clients accept your quotes or charges without asking any questions, requesting a breakdown or wanting a discount? It’s possible they’re delighted to be getting such a great deal.
You run off your but you can’t afford to get help - When you’re working yourself to the bone, but there’s not enough money left over to employ someone to help you, your prices are too low – or something else needs to change.
Your prices have been the same for two years or more - In most industries, prices increase just slightly each year. Leave your prices flat for too long and you’re not keeping up with the market; make sure you review your fees annually.
You’re overbooked - When business is booming and there’s no room for new clients, it’s time to raise your prices.
Clients don’t treat you as well as they should - When clients think they’re paying peanuts, they’ll often take you for granted. They don’t see your time as valuable, so they feel free to mess you around.
What should you be charging?
Finding your pricing sweet spot could take a little time. You’ll need to do some research, maybe ask around a little, and find out where your competitors are pitching their rates.
We can help too – if we have clients in similar we might be able to give you some indication of typical fees, so give us a call or drop us a note. We’d love to hear from you.
1. Book a call with me: https://southbourneaccountancy.co.uk/contact-us/
2. Download my free guide on “7 mistakes to avoid – to stop your fitness business running out of cash” https://southbourneaccountancy.co.uk/fitness-ebook/
3. Connect with me on social media:
4. Book an R&D eligibity call: https://calendly.com/rdteam/15min?month=2020-11
5. Grab a copy of our “32 ways to extract value from your business” – tax savings. Here https://southbourneaccountancy.hubspotpagebuilder.com/32-ways-checklist-to-extract-value-from-your-business-save-tax-now